Sunday, September 28, 2008

Back in Munich

So the family has made it back safe and sound. We finished off our trip with a full day in Verona, which I must say is a really nice city, much nicer than I expected. I think what made the difference was our guided walking tour, which I highly recommend. We learned all sorts of neat facts about Verona, the history of Romeo and Juliet, the Italian Mafia, and political issues that divide Northern and Southern Italy. I think both Andy and I had a better time in Verona than Florence!

Today we left Verona on Lili-time (as per usual) and drove to Innsbruck, Austria. There we walked around town and had a nice lunch on a sunny patio before heading back to Munich. It's funny to think we visited 3 countries in just one day!

All in all, I've quite enjoyed my 3rd time in Italy. Even seeing Florence, Siena, and Pisa again was nice after 6 years. However, I've had enough pasta and pizza to last me for several months. I think the best meals we've had here included large portions of meat...the Italians sure know how to do a steak!

That's it for now. We're spending the afternoon at Oktoberfest tomorrow and then doing some shopping on Tuesday. Andy and I fly to Santorini, Greece on Wednesday for a week. We're looking forward to it, but we'll miss Lili!

1 comment:

Wesley said...

more pics of lili please! soooooo cute!