Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Last night in Paris...

Last night we went to this supposedly "hip" bar for a drink (www.kong.fr). This isn't my thing as you all know, but my sister and friend wanted a night out since it was their last night. The place was much too frou frou for me, but I did order a tequila sunrise instead of my usual diet coke. The drink was 12 euros, but they didn't skimp on the alcohol. I was tipsy after just one, but maybe b/c we only had bread and cheese for lunch. The place was quite nice. We had a view of the Seine River and a huge LV store. We snuck a peek at the toilet (who wouldn't?) and there was no way to tell boys from girls except for the man peeing in the urinal in plain sight. I was staring at this guy thinking he was washing his hands...oops! We ended up walking thru the rich VIP club district and Andy saw a Bugatti Veyron (that's for you Dar)...it just looked like a funky car to me? I wonder if that's expensive...hehe.

So today we woke up late from our night out. We ended up going on a 2 hr French Revolution walking tour, which was great...if you're interested in French history. Andy and I both enjoyed it for real. We saw my sis and her friend off and Andy and I headed up Montmartre, a slightly seedy part at first, but the Sacre Coeur and the view were spectacular. After that we made a B line to where the French (and tourists) have "sexy time"...the Moulin Rouge. There we ate our donair and fries gazing at the sex shops and the famous cabaret theatre. At one point we saw a tourist drop his pants exposing his tight turquoise european undies so his wife could take a picture of him and the Moulin Rouge!

Last thoughts...
- I have yet to see an overweight French man/woman
- I spent 4 euros on 500 ml of Coke zero
- Why can't we have tax included in all our prices with minimal tipping

3 comments:

Amber - on a human journey said...

Hey Christine.

Sounds like you guys are having a blast. I'm glad to hear it.

I have a restaurant recommendation for ya - Bistro de Breteuil. It's on the Place de Breteuil in the 7th :)

This was my favorite restaurant while we were in Paris...and its a favorite of locals too...great place to absorb some culture and get some great French cuisine at a decent price.

Enjoy the rest of your trip!

Cheers!

Amber O'Neill

Anth said...

Andy didn't find a way to make it into one of the sex shops? I'm sure he wanted to. :)

wesleylisa said...

Bonjour andeeee, et chrisseeee

Glad you guys are having fun! keep the updates coming!

Wes